Help Needed

Help Needed  

By: owl1959 on Aug. 14, 2020, 12:54 p.m.

Because of medical problems, I am no longer able to properly maintain the caches we have placed in the area over the past years so they are being put up for adoption. Most of the caches are in the Cobb county area and a few are in the north Georgia mountains in the Lumpkin / Union county area near the Appalachian Trail.

Many of the Cobb caches are part of the Noonday Creek series of thirty caches which follows the Noonday Creek Trail which runs from Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park to Bells Ferry Road. These caches are typically bison tube sized micros spaced about a tenth of a mile apart and are accessible from the trail. The remaining caches in the Cobb area vary from simple P&G caches to some difficult puzzles caches with various styles in between.

A number of the caches have already been adopted but but about 90 are still active and looking for a home. The list of caches can be found on my profile page. All caches are available for adoption but it is preferred that the north Georgia mountain caches be adopted by one person.

Please contact me by email or through the Message Center if you are interested in helping out.

Re: Help Needed  

By: erik88L-R on Aug. 24, 2020, 8:51 a.m.

Very sorry to hear of your medical issues. 

We'll be moving to North Georgia, but unfortunately too far from your caches to be able to maintain them.  

I'll be running into similar problems with maintaining my old caches in Gwinnett County after we move 100 miles away from them.

It's rough getting older...

By: owl1959 on Sept. 7, 2020, 6:54 a.m.

No one has asked to adopt any of the caches up for adoption in the past few weeks so, regretably, we will begin the process of archiving most of the remaining caches.

By: LZ33 on Sept. 7, 2020, 10:34 a.m.

Owl, you've always been a great maintainer and thanks for being resposible to your geocaches.  I'm sure when archived, someone will place geocaches along the trail again for more smiles. 

It's not the destination, it's the journey to discover the unforgettable geocache.

By: Brokers on Dec. 30, 2020, 9:12 a.m.

I would like to know your opinion on this method of converting files ... For example, I found this tool https://2pdf.com/  I think that the online pdf converter can be is very useful.