Geocoins and more geocoins

Geocoins and more geocoins  

By: PoSAM on May 8, 2018, 9:10 p.m.

Back in the day there was some websites with lists of the geocoins and information. I had 2 of them bookmarked but they are not active anymore. I have so many geocoins to try to catalog and sell.

Does anyone know of any active geocoin databases?

Thanks!

Re: Geocoins and more geocoins  

By: LionsLair on May 10, 2018, 10:46 p.m.

sadly they no longer exist... once the commercialization started across the pond, geocoins were being produced too fast for anyone to keep up with and now is totally over saturated...

because of over minting, it's tough to even sell many coins for what we all paid for them in the day... very few of them have held their value unless they are uber rare... mostly because cachers today have too many choices and have no idea about the coins of yester-year...

there are thousands of coins on ebay that don't sell,( or sell for pennies on the dollar) and I've noticed most fair better selling them through social media...

unless you run across an old school collector that may be looking for something special you may have from pre-'08 for their collection, don't expect too many cachers that have only been in the game a few years to know what you've got or know what they are looking at...

Having said that, I'd be interested in looking at your coins... there are a small handful of older coins I'm still interested in obtaining, and can also give you a ball park price range on what your collection is worth today... I may even be able to point you in the right direction of someone that may be interested in purchasing them as I stay in contact with a few old school coiners...

I hated you weren't able to make my Coinapaloosa event last March, we had some very nice collections show up... many of us in the market to sell were very happy with the results... since you've been sitting on your collection this long, a few more months won't hurt and you can make plans to attend next March...