Re: We're looking for 2021 Steering Committee Members

We're looking for 2021 Steering Committee Members  

By: wolfling70_sc on Oct. 10, 2020, 9:09 a.m.

Hello GGA!

As we begin the last quarter of 2020, we look forward to 2021 which will be the GGA’s 20th year in existence! If you’ve ever considered being involved with the GGA Steering Committee, doing so during a significant anniversary year could be amazing! We know our GGA community is filled with generous, amazing people who could bring their creativity and talents forward to make the 20th anniversary year one of the best ever!

We are looking to fill five positions in the 2021 GGA Steering Committee. Two of these positions would require 1 year terms and three of these positions would require 2 year terms. You may fill an open position with another person. For example, Anne (poeanne) and Kate (wolfling70) have served together filling one spot on the SC and sharing the workload for their role.

The newly selected Steering Committee members will serve beginning January 2021 and will finish their terms in December 2021 or December 2022 respectfully.

Dale (LZ33), and Nancy and Mike (Team Bear-Cat) have been kind enough to volunteer to serve on the nomination committee once again this year. If you are interested or would like to nominate someone to serve, please send an email to Dale (williedbowman@gmail.com and/or Nancy/Mike (teambearcat@gmail.com). Please make sure to include both your candidate's name and their geo-nick.

The function of the nomination committee is to receive nominations from the membership and then speak with the candidates to confirm their interest in serving on the SC. They (as well as any Steering Committee member) can answer any questions or concerns the potential nominee may have, explain the duties of an SC member and confirm they meet the SC qualifications.

To be eligible for serving on the steering committee, nominees must be a GGA member for one year OR have attended six meetings PRIOR to nominations opening.

If more than 5 nominees are confirmed as wishing to join the 2021 SC, a voting period will be held for the GGA community to cast their votes to elect the next Steering Committee members. 

The schedule for the election process will be as follows:

• Nomination Period: Now through Sunday, November 15th (11:59 PM)
  • Voting Period (if needed): Wednesday, November 18th to Wednesday, November 25th (11:59 PM)
  • Announcement of New SC Members: No later than 12/12 at December GGA event

**Special Note** If 5 or less qualified nominees are running, they will automatically be confirmed as 2021 SC members as of 11/16 since there will be no voting period or election required.  

If more than 5 qualified nominees are running, an election will take place and the nominees will be given an opportunity to address the GGA Membership at the November GGA meeting. The voting instructions will be communicated separately when voting opens. 

More information about GGA SC responsibilities and expectations can be found here:

GGA SC Duties: https://drive.google.com/.../0B2MTEt9E1GY8TVZvMDl.../view...

GGA SC Code of Conduct: https://www.ggaonline.org/about/page/SC_Code_of_Conduct

Re: We're looking for 2021 Steering Committee Members  

By: Biker64 on Dec. 22, 2020, 6:26 a.m.

So what happened??  I heard there is a new steering comittee but I didn't see anything about them or an election.

Thank you

Will Ride For Cache!!

Re: Re: We're looking for 2021 Steering Committee Members  

By: Biker64 on Jan. 10, 2021, 9:29 p.m.

HEY!!! is this thing on??  who's the steering committee???  No answer here, but we have a new post about challenges!!

Will Ride For Cache!!

By: Biker64 on Jan. 30, 2021, 8:25 p.m.

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Who is the committe and did I miss a election?????

Will Ride For Cache!!

By: Biker64 on Jan. 30, 2021, 8:25 p.m.

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Who is the committe and did I miss a election?????

Will Ride For Cache!!

By: phat.bak on Feb. 2, 2021, 12:18 p.m.

Seems the GGA website and it's forums have been abandoned, unless someone calls it out on the FaceBlock page. I didn't know there was a new logo contest (to replace the one I did being used presently) until someone told me to go to the FB site. At least I got to vote on it.

Four legs good. Two legs bad. - Animal House

By: phat.bak on Feb. 9, 2021, 4:39 p.m.

Must be a secret.

Four legs good. Two legs bad. - Animal House

By: lopezfamily2016-sc on Feb. 13, 2021, 1 a.m.

Went in and updated the steering committee page in the "About GGA" section. Should be good to go now!

Cache rules everything around me!