The World's First
Officers & History
Hall of Fame
Georgia Cache Stats
Articles & Resources
Events & CITO
Welcome to the Georgia Geocachers Association website!
Thank you for visiting our Web Site! We have information about our upcoming events,
what's new with issues facing Georgia Geocachers and the GGA, who we are
and what we do, and a resource section that will grow with time to provide
you with everything you need to know about Geocaching!
Going On Now
GGA Steering Committee ElectionsPolls are now open for the 4 open spaces on the Georgia Geocaching Association (GGA) Steering Committee.
- There are eight candidates. You may find a profile for the eight candidates here.
- Every adult (18+) member of the GGA may vote once for up to 4 candidates.
- One vote per candidate, up to 4 candidates. Duplicate/multiple votes for the same candidate by the same person will be discarded.
- Vote by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 30, 2016. List the geonick and real name of the person(s) you feel are best suited to lead and guide geocaching in Georgia by serving in the volunteer capacity as a member of the GGA Steering Committee. Please include your legal name and geonick in the message. Also please include the email address that you most likely put on the event log sheet at a GGA event, especially if it is different from the one you are sending your vote from.
- A person is a member of the GGA if they have attended and signed the log of any GGA event.
Geocache Placement ContestThe Georgia Geocachers Association is pleased to announce a contest. The intent of this contest is to encourage geocachers to place wonderful caches around the state. There is an entry fee of $10 and we will vote on the winners in 3 categories early in 2018. The winners will split the prize money and will be able to claim the best new geocaches in the state of Georgia! You must place and submit your cache page prior to January 25, 2016 and all of the caches will be published on Saturday, February 4. Please see this for all of the rules. And feel free to ask any questions on the forums or in the GGA Facebook group!
Georgia State Historic Sites History TrailThe Georgia State Historic Sites History Trail / Geocaching Challenge Phase II is now underway. Find new caches and earn custom pathtags as you explore 14 Georgia Historic Sites. For more information check out the History Trail website.
MerchandiseGGA jacket patches are available for sale at any GGA event. Support your club and go caching in style!
December ~ GC6TRD1
Come join us for a holiday season meet and greet. Make sure to bring a gift for the exchange!
2017 ~ The 2017 schedule is in process and will be released as soon as possible.
Latest Forum Activity
Feel free to visit our GGA Discussion Boards.
Here are some of the topics being discussed. Note that you must be a "GGA Member" to view some sections of our boards.